I needed to come back to an outlet where I can express myself freely. Sometimes social media gets confusing and I don’t need everyone asking me what’s wrong and giving unsolicited advice. Physically, I can no longer handle this stress. It’s like I keep yelling and no one hears. I wear too many hats, including those of others, to just try to keep things flowing and to help. Being helpful is in my nature because I don’t like to see anyone down and out. I am not seeing that others have to learn on their own just like I had to.
So some things have happened in my life and dramatic changes were made. I’d rather not express it all here because it would do nothing but stir up my anxiety and make me say fuck it all, again.
Right now, I have found a place of inner peace. I have removed emotion to be able to think clearly and make the appropriate decisions based on what’s best for myself and my daughter.
Soooo….here’s a top 10 list of lessons I’ve learned:
1. Love yourself first. I know that this should be a no-brainer, but it is so easy to forget to do this.
2. Know when to walk away. We always try to fix things that are broken instead of taking it as a sign to just pick up our marbles and head home. We have to realize and understand that things do come to an end. Just find peace in the ending.
3. Emotions cloud logic. You really cannot think when you are angry or hurt. In that moment, you act irrationally and make some mistakes. Walking away and letting everything simmer down before making a rash decision is the best way to avoid problems later on.
4. Growing up is painful, yet necessary. “When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.” – I Corinthians 13:11
5. Set boundaries and stick to them. Don’t let anyone tell you what you should and should not allow or settle for. Don’t let anyone do anything to make you uncomfortable.
6. Don’t trust everyone. Everyone is around does not have your best interests at heart. It is up to you to practice discernment in these situations.
7. Revenge tastes sweet, but success tastes better. It goes along with what I said earlier about removing emotion from logic. Allow yourself to get better at whatever it is that you do. You can always get back at someone by hurting them. That’s easy. Yet, it’ll hurt them more when they see you doing better without them. Let them revel in your awesomeness and take satisfaction in that. Don’t let anyone take anything from you. That lets them win.
8. After a while, you have to just stop trying. Don’t beat a dead horse.
9. Cut anyone and anything off that causes unnecessary problems. No matter who they are. I am around people who I know hate me, but why continue to be a glutton for punishment? You don’t have to interact with people just because you are related to them. Just leave them alone and continue with live. You’ll see great improvement in your life.
10. Never allow yourself to be broken the same way twice. Just as a bone that breaks grows back stronger, so should you.
I know…another post in just 3 days? Well, I decided to do it because I’m up with nothing better to do. LOL. I’m slowly going through Twitter withdrawal but in the end it’ll be all worth it. I just miss some of the people I talked to on there. =[ Anywhosit, I’m raring to go and I am again starting on this healthier life kick. I keep false starting because I look for outside motivations and I say it’s for health reasons yet at the same time I don’t care enough because everyone around me just says ‘Yeah ok.’ ‘You won’t last!’ ‘Be real.’ when I’m serious about this. My best friend noticed I put on some pounds and I did as well. I do not like it one bit. I’m going to do my damndest at being the me I know I am. I depend on people too much for approval or recognition and it shouldn’t be like that. I should do my own thing whether the world is watching or not. My health and overall well-being should be my inspiration.